Pages

Monday 6 April 2015

The rainbow does envy her - a poem

The rainbow does envy her

Beauty adorns her on every side,
it stalks her like a shadow in the happy sun.
The gape of her teeth reflects the depth of her innocence,
Her smile is the breaking dawn
after a moody night,
it brightens up everyone on its path.

Nature must be partial,
else, why did it bestow her with such fine legs and a graceful gait?
For even the rainbow does envy her.

Fixedly she set her eyes on my masculinity, sending a thousand ripples through the length of my spine.
My feet wobbled in a feverish dance.

Lady, you are a million imperfections locked into a body of perfection,
and to have you by my side,
the beginning and end of all my intention.
I Love you Nifemi,
You really are the one for me,
And i brace,
For the day, you'd offer your embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive