Pages

Sunday 28 August 2016

Three Nigerian poems about you

a poem
poems


Letting go

These days i readily feel the need to cry.
To let tears find their way down my chiseled cheeks.
Maybe not the loud whimpering cry.
Just the quiet flow of emotions,
A quiet stream flowing down my eyes,
through my nose to the two ends of my lips,
My mistakes stopping at the reaches of my tongue,
I taste the saltiness of my regrets,
The consequences of my mistakes,
I let more rain wash into my mouth,
I shall taste the result of my past,
I shall still smile with this mouth,
When i reap the results of these new seeds.


Saturated by lies

One knee kissed the dusty floor,
the other faced the heavens;
A bunch of red apologies were tightly wrapped between the palm of his left hand,
The other hung in the space between them,
Like a rock, Her feet was firmly planted to the floor,
Her face turned to the side away from the tortured look on his face,
He couldn't help cheating,
But today,
Her ears are overflown with apologies,
She really wants to forgive and embrace his imperfections,
But she couldn't even hear the rhetoric of his mumble-jumbles,
These ears had heard enough!

Green thoughts

I sit on this discoloured purple couch,
My index and middle finger slowly dance on my mustache,
The thumb of my left hand massages an acne on my right cheek,
Only the clocks footsteps are heard,
Together with the chatter of rain at the front door,
My heartbeat rises and falls,
As i ponder upon life and everything
as the rain pummels the thirsty soil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive