Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

Banquet of Joy - a Poem

On May 2nd 2015, my friend Uthman Idris wedded his lovely wife Yetunde. This occasion inspired this poem.
A banquet of Joy
This evening, my feet is weary from elephantiasis of happiness.
The light of day had witnessed my epileptic dance moves.
And the dimming evening light had sneaked a last peek at my writhing body.
Immersed in a body of salty sweat pores, my clothe reeked of happiness and exuberance.
This night, i sit with beautiful memories on my right and an iced sachet of water in my hands.
The cool evening breeze warms my dipping spirit,
as i await the power company to restore electricity.
I'm used to waiting in an eternity of darkness, in exchange for a dusk of electricity.
I taste the excitement of the day on my lips, a friend had wedded.
Written by Onyeoziri Favour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive